Wednesday 1 December 2010

The Best Laid Plans..........

I had worked flat out all last week glazing and firing work for 2 craft shows at the weekend. On Friday my long suffering husband delivered pots to Wicklow town for a stand at a local primary school craft fair. My children attended The Glebe as we lived in Wicklow town when they were primary age. I love to support their annual craft fair, and also to meet old friends and neighbours.

I was due to head into the hills very early on Saturday morning with a loaded car for Borris Castle. A romantic and seasonally atmospheric venue which I had enjoyed very much last year. It was not to be, a combination of the weather forecast and a call to the organisers convinced me that the roads in the mountainous area north of New Ross could be difficult especially coming home in the dark.

As a result of the extraordinary weather we are Yard bound for the foreseeable future. The showroom is full of lovely work for the Christmas market. If I can get to Wicklow this weekend I will be at The Coach House Craft Fair. See you there - come and see me in Wexford! Or look online and email an order.

No comments: